Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sunburn (day 46)

Spent the day in the car listening to a chirpy recorded c.d. guy named Craig expound on the wonders of Hawaiin electrical poles as we slowly drove around the island for six hours. We stopped in front of a Soto Buddhist Temple, the closest I've ever been to a real, non-Tibetan sangha. It looked pretty serious, so we didn't go inside. I brought all my snacks and lunch and my younger bro wants you to know that I ate 4 extra grapes. As he reached for them he punched my arm and screamed, "I'M TELLING PHIL! I'M TELLING PHIL!" Good to know I have my family on my side.

Yesterday we went snorkeling and I woke up sunburned and dazed later in the evening and did my workout. That was the worst...poor poor me.

2 comments:

  1. Don't pay any attention to those Soto Zen people they're not quite right in the head.

    The sun will wear a body out. After three days surfing this weekend I was going to sleep at 8 pm, mostly from the sun I think.

    ReplyDelete