Monday, September 21, 2009

Bhava tanha (Day 52)

Hey look, it's Patrick on that peak over there! No wait, it's just a Nene bird.

These next few days I am going to be embracing the suck big time. (Not that that sounds like a karma sutra term or anything, ahem.) First, I'm learning how to drive. This is something that most kids learn when they are sixteen and not, uh...shut up. I nearly hyperventilate every time I change lanes.

Next, I'm going to try to learn to read and write a few Japanese characters every day. My parents, and hopefully me might be moving there for different reasons. They have like, three different alphabets. Lots of room for suck.

I want to try out a real pullup again at the playground, not just a modified table one.

I'm going to go for muscle failure, even if this means doing extra sets.

I'm going to start meditating in the morning for ten minutes instead of five minutes at night. And re-learn the basics of Buddhism. Anyone have a good Buddhism basics book they can point me to?

I'm going to try to get a job.

Show me a Jessica trying to learn something and I'll show you this cat trying to get a drink of water (ok, I just wanted an excuse to post this.):




Hang loose. Or ten. Or something.


P.S. added new week 7 photo

1 comment:

  1. As far as Japanese goes, you've got to nail down Hiragana and Katakana before anything else. Don't spend any time on Kanji until you've got those two stone cold.

    Go for muscle failure within your sets, if you can't get there even by adding reps, then something is strange (band is too weak for you, form is wrong, etc..)

    You can do it Jessica.

    ReplyDelete