Friday, September 18, 2009

Poi (day 49)

Last night I had poi, supposedly one of the blander foods in existence. To me, it tasted deeply smoky, like barbecue. I managed to make a luau meal of corn, purple yams, and pineapple. It was crazy how much shit they added to foods I thought were safe, like zucchini. The day before yesterday we drove up a 10,000 foot volcano, yesterday we did some more snorkeling (I screamed when I saw a giant sea turtle), and today we're having sketchy surfing lessons from a random guy from my dad's church.

Tomorrow's going to be hard with an all-day flight... we're getting in at 11pm. I'm not looking forward to my indulgence. I don't need it! Get it away, get it away! Last night at the luau I was having crazy thoughts like, "ha ha, I'm too fat to hula but Patrick could totally be up there." I am looking forward to being home with all my usual access to healthy food, exercise space and to reconnect with the PCP bloggers and to read the new PCPers posts. And I want to work harder in the workouts!

4 comments:

  1. Harder workouts, coming right up! Sketchy surfing lessons are probably better than professional ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally missed reading your posts-got sucked back into the working world and a bunch of other stuff..finding a rythym now, Need to read through what you've been up to this last week or so??hawaii???

    Hope you had an AMAZING time.
    Funny enough-not thinking I want the indulgence either, but we are going to a friends wedding, and I like knowing I CAN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back from vacation! You'll have to tell us how you managed the PCP menu on the flight back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ames and E. Hope you have an amazing time too! And Patrick, I meant that I need to push myself harder, not harder workouts. Those puppies are hard enough!

    ReplyDelete