Sunday, September 20, 2009

She acts like she's the queen, and we're the sorry people! (day 51)

Here's a few interesting things:

1.) The "Bacon is Good for You" downloadable remix, see Mike's blog for reference.

2.) The anti-PCP, the Darth to our Luke, also known as the Fat Project This project has been taken off the web since its creation, but you can read about it at Salon.com. "The Fat Project challenged [two people] to gain 30 pounds in 30 days for $3,000. Site visitors could read project updates, consider "scientific" weight-gain charts, check out progressive photos of the contestants and chat on lively message boards."


Yesterday I managed to eat some unbearably salty airport turkey for my meat grams, as well as some late yogurt and a cheese sandwich. Not the greatest, but the best I could manage at the time. I ended up waking up at noon today. Repercussions from vacation include: missing eggs, missing breakfast and snack, and sunburn as well as a toll on my body clock. I'm a little worried 'cause behind my ear is swollen. I'd like to think it's from snorkel mask irritation. The internet says I need surgery for mastondonitis or something. Thanks, internet.


Realizations of the last few days:

-I'm trying to work down to the point that some PCPeeps were when they started, then I'll go from there.
-The PCP is not just 90 days, or even 125.
-After getting into a few big arguments over somebody close to me's personal habits, I realized that I can't change somebody by lecturing them. It's up to them if they want to or not.

Oh, and E? I thought of you a lot in Hawaii cause of that funny comic you posted... There was a bird called the Nene bird. Oh nay nay!

2 comments:

  1. Traveling with the PCP can be very tricky. Heck, special events (like weddings) can be tricky. It pays to plan ahead as much as possible.

    Yeah, you can't change people no matter what. I have a friend who fully believes that her water aerobics and treadmill a few times a week will magically make her lose weight regardless of the fact that she eats out all the time, and only at places that serve things that are either greasy or sugary. I can't say anything to her and she is the first to make negative comments when she sees what I'm eating.

    Oh Nene! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. any routine disruption makes the PCP difficult. but then again, that's life right? weddings, travel, kids, illness. It happens, but it's what we choose, even if it is lame yogurt and cheese sammies, that matters. You do the best you can ;)

    Fred and Sidney say hey. "hey."

    ReplyDelete