Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tu va bien (Day 6)




I took some end of first week pictures. In one of them I look cross-eyed and like I’m about ready to snorfle a chocolate cake and I have this little ledge of fat hanging out over my belly button like it’s trying to shelter the young bellybutton from harm, but it’s all good. I unclogged a particularly tricky toilet today. It was like the divine spirit of the PCP was flowing through my arm pecs.

Today it gave me great joy to jumprope along to Mariam and Amadou’s “Senegal Fast Food” so I will share it with you in preparation for tomorrow’s 500.


Workouts have been going ok. I am still bad at pushups, enjoy the jumpropes, and am indifferent to crunches and leglifts. I brought happiness to my sister’s friend by sharing half a cheese sandwich yesterday. I’m really nervous about cooking and also about eating vegetables (we hates them, precious). But if I had gentle Russian voices urging me to eat one more spoonful, I might:



Notice his increasing whimpers and how he bangs his helpless baby fist on the table in horror. He can't talk, but he's trying to communicate: "no, dear God, not the vegetables!"

Finally, does anyone here enjoy literature? Have any books to recommend me? That is probably one of the first things I would ask you if I met you. My favorite is Nabokov.

3 comments:

  1. Ordinary Wolves by Seth Kantner is a favorite favorite of mine. I'm going to quote it on the blog soonish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome you enjoy the jump ropes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mike, have to check it out sometime!

    Shelby, doesn't it remind you of when you were a kid and doing those chants? "Cinderalla had a fella.."

    ReplyDelete