Friday, August 21, 2009

Strictly bizness (day 21)


Today I decided to forgo the jumpropes... (AND SIT ON MY COUCH AND EAT CAKE, A GIANT WHITE CAKE WITH RASPBERRY FILLING!!! TOOTHBRUSH!)Instead, I jogged 7.78 miles (12.52 kilometers...gentle sighs from Canadians and the rest of the world). I am impressed with E's knee perserverence and triumphs, Amy's running, Mike's crazy bicycle feats, and Anshu's muscle gain.

Things I have been having trouble with lately include: Eating too much cottage cheese (I'm a fiend I tell ya), not being able to do a pullup or incline pullup (crappy table, slippery hands, not enough strength), bending my arms during Da Vinci's/shoulder exercises, and not eating enough cheese. TOOTHBRUSH, TOOTHRUSH!!!

I put up new pictures. Go, see my crabby face! Today I found that if I squidge my fat rolls together it looks like the smiling face of a Bulbasaur. Hi to Sidney and Fred!

4 comments:

  1. YOU JOGGED 8 MILES????!!!#####
    Wow-I am totally impressed. Just up off the couch..( except-thought we were supposed to do 30 minutes..just don't want you to get a demerit like I did for posting my weight -Just kidding Patrick-I am sensitive )

    Meanwhile-so funny as I was thinking about how to keep myself motivated ( outside of the obvious-because this does actually feel good ) I saw my photo from last week-and thought-I should laminate that as a reminder of who/what I want to be..Strong, energetic and able to do anything!

    WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to remember that the PCP is about developing good habits. This isn't a fad, so it's gonna take time to establish these changes. Which means some failures, some successes, all good stuff. Teachable moments. Impressed with the 8 mile jog. You crazy.

    Fred and Sidney send their love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is quite a bit. Well done Jessica. Anything that goes on to show that things are changing for better does more to the motivation than anything else. Excellent !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got any jungle gyms or playgrounds around? They're the best for the incline pull-ups and so forth.

    ReplyDelete