Sunday, October 18, 2009

Zipadeedoodah (day 79)

The weather outside is what I like to call "white snivel," and I've been devouring a bag of pears. I've been thinking about motivation lately. I like to read health books sometimes (it's easier to read books than actually be healthy), and recently I picked up one by Dr. Weil. In it, he suggests brewing ginger tea to...I forget, improve your liver fungus health or something. I actually went out and bought a little piece of ginger. A little piece of ginger that sat and molded and molded until I threw it away.

Why is it that books and other media forms have failed for me, but the PCP works? Is it because a public forum is holding me accountable? Is it the amount of grocery money I've invested in my body? Is it that I get to pretend someone is thinking, "gee, I sure hope that Jessica flosses her teeth and exercises tonight!" Is it the force of habit? Is it seeing the effects that healthy living brings? Good things to figure out before day 90. Hmm...

Anyway, as for the indulgence, the consensus is: meal. AND A PITCHERFUL OF REAL CREAM, STRAIGHT! I'm going to ask for an extension on this one since I'm going to A REAL CITY on day 84-86.

Also, I like to jumprope to this song and pretend my jumps are shaking the room. The funny thing is that jumping too deeply causes my Ipod to change tracks. So one minute I'll be kicking ass and shaking the room in my imagination and the next, I'M A GUMMI BEAR BA BA DOOBIE DOOBIE YUM YUM!
(see especially 0:58)

No comments:

Post a Comment