Saturday, October 10, 2009

Failure isn't a number (day 71)


After several days of Japanese study, I am highly confident that I can say "the horse is running" and "egg." I like how this is useful in any situation.

Japanese person: Hi, where are you from?
Me: The horse is running.
Japanese person: Uh... nice to meet you.
Me: Egg!

(The wind blows and a gaggle of pikachus hops by to drink from abandoned cartons of miruku)

I was drooling honey over my (whole grain) Cheerios the other day, trying to touch each cheerio with a tiny golden filament and wishing for a honey spider. My mom looked over my shoulder and commented, "you have such self control." I made a Scooby Doo face. "What do you mean? I'm trying to get the most area out of this freakin' bear." "No," she explained, "I mean I wouldn't be able to do your diet. I would cheat and eat cookies."

She's made other comments, like "wow, you are working so hard" or "you are too hardcore!" My response to that is: I like kittens and tickles! Also, you totally get extra hardcore points if your mom says it. The hardest core thing I do is make sweat angels on my kitchen floor between floorjumps. It is so funny sometimes to hear other people's reactions to the PCP. I think what we're doing is very sensible, like packing an extra pair of black socks in case your feet get cold. Wow, I should go into marketing: THE PCP! VERY SENSIBLE! LIKE PACKING AN EXTRA PAIR OF SOCKS!

P.S. Uh, Patrick, I may be really bad at math but even I know you can't multiply a number by a word (5 x failure). That's like saying 9 x spoon. So I'm just gonna pretend that wasn't on the workout sheet to make you feel better.

(I would milk that honey spider every day).

3 comments:

  1. I had a really hard time interpreting the 5*failure. I though if i fail in the first set, i am sure i won't be able to do another set or do we have to do it in such a way that we fail by the end of the 5th. Confusing stuff. Great pics, Jessica. Way to go !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anshu! I do sets of 20 and go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fail the first time, take the 20 seconds, and fail again. Of course, your failure will come faster each set. That's good, that's what we expect.

    ReplyDelete