Thursday, October 8, 2009

One bean, TOOTHBRUSH... (day 69)


Gosh, I can't believe there are only 20 days left in the program! My mom said, "aren't you nervous?" I was a little worried, because I am not tough. I prefer my paps unbloodied and my asparagus for lunch. In my past fantasies, I wanted to live in a library and every day a man would come by with the cake truck and a cuckoo clock would chime "cake time" and little animals would come out of the wall to sing him a greeting. He would wear a blue hat and Wednesday would be pie day. AGGGHHHH TOOTHBRUSH!

These days I would like a little purple badge that says "no cake club". Sure, part of my motivation to eat and exercise right now is pretending (or maybe not pretending) that 15 people are judging me if my gut expands. But it's also
the absence of stabbing pains in my side every month, the sleeping better, the increased energy, and the chance at a healthy life. So no, I'm not really worried.

Yesterday I was finally able to wear some nice new clothes as I walked around town searching for jobs. They fit really well! I wore a cute black dress, cute black coat, and tights. Unfortunately my town is mostly a long drag of hamburger restaurants, poker halls with broken windows, and real estate businesses. I looked a little funereal. It started to rain, and then I just smelled like wet hamburgers and wool. At least the manager at the sandwich shop was impressed.

Heh heh, I finally got a Japanese language program. I'll really wow 'em if I get a Japan job interview: "The little boy swims! Blue car! Blue car! Three three three!"

Gambatte ne!

5 comments:

  1. Why don't you just come to Japan? Why bother getting a crappy US job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Patrick, I am applying for a Japan job but I haven't heard back from them yet (should in a week or two, maybe). I figured I would try to make a few bucks while I'm waiting since the program would have me leave after a month or so. That doesn't answer your question, though.

    Come to Japan??? Like, swim swim swim swim, I don't have a work visa, work, or a house but konnichiwa anyway come to Japan? My eyebrow is raised in questioning, respectfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, if you're hardcore you come over here with a tourist visa, and work your butt off HERE to get that visa made permanent. A bit scary but worst case you go home after spending a few months in Japan getting an idea if the place is really for you. I'll help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ??? Hngh? Whoever said I'm hardcore? :D That is a very kind offer and if you've got time I'll take whatever advice you throw my way. However, I would think it would be sensible to get some money in my pocket, job prospects, etc. lined up before I go so I don't wake up destitute and sake-pickled in the back alley of a Mr. Donut to a pickachu licking my forehead. ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desperation breeds incredible acts of gumption. Put yourself in desperate circumstances and you'll get amazing things done.

    ReplyDelete