Wednesday, October 28, 2009

In bad taste


So, I bet you were thinking: "what did Jessica do with those 400 calories from indulgence #2?" About a month ago, I was reading Oprah Magazine and Oprah said I should buy Intentional Chocolates. What is an Intentional Chocolate, you ask? Some genius chocolatier got a bunch of (Tibetan) Buddhist monks to meditate their good intentions over a batch of chocolate. Then he developed a machine to "capture" those good intentions. Then he published one study saying that people who ate the chocolate felt happier or something. I told my mom about it, and she said, "oh, I should get you some to celebrate the finish of the PCP since you're into Buddha stuff." I said, "ha ha, sure." and then later changed my answer to, "you should just buy me a new resistance band." Then she walked out of the post office with a fancy box the next day. Oops. As a present to myself I bought a new purple resistance band (the strongest one they had), a set of push-up bars, and a new jumprope. Ohhhh sexy new resistance band.


Chocolate log:
Chocolate #1: Shared with mom in the afternoon, who said she felt no effects.
Chocolate #2: Eaten in my room at night. Felt guilty and warm.
Chocolate #3: Eaten before breakfast. Felt slightly warmer.
Chocolate #4-5: Shared with an old professor midday.
Chocolate #6: Broken into nibbles. One nibble before the first interview, one nibble before the second interview. I lost track of nibbles.

I don't know if it had any effects other than those chocolate normally gives you. My thought is that it would be nice if intention would be given to all of our food, not just expensive chocolate in the Oprah Magazine.


And then I sell it for 20 bucks.






No comments:

Post a Comment